Paul Fortier Prize for Student Activism
Paul Fortier Prize for Student Activism Terms of Reference
Established at the 2006 Annual General Meeting, the $500 Paul Fortier Prize for Student Activism is presented to a current University of Manitoba student who demonstrates an active involvement in union related activities and/or community activism, and/or activities aimed towards improving student life, and/or working conditions of student employees including markers, research assistants, and sessional instructors.
- Normally one award will be made annually, subject to qualifying applicants;
- the award will be $500 for each recipient, to come from the annual Operating budget of UMFA;
- committee of three will be named by the Executive to recommend a recipient for approval by the Board of Representatives;
- the recipient must be a student registered at the University of Manitoba at either the graduate or undergraduate level;
- the student must demonstrate an active involvement in union related activities and/or community activism and/or activities aimed towards improving student life and/or working conditions of student employees, including markers, research assistants and sessional lecturers.
Paul Fortier Prize for Student Activism Past Recipients
The Paul Fortier Prize for Student Activism was presented to these students in recognition of their active involvement at the University of Manitoba.
Karina Cardona Claros
Rocco Scarcella - award was accepted by Dr. Andrea Charron on behalf of Rocco.
Vivienne Wei Yee Ho
Olivia MacDonald Mager